- When you’re infected with Genital Herpes, the virus lives in your body forever?
- That Herpes can cause Meningitis, a viral infection that can be fatal?
- One in five Americans has genital herpes, yet 90 percent of those with herpes are unaware that they have it?
- Genital herpes is twice as common among young adults ages 20 to 29 than it was 20 years ago?
- Male-to-female transmission of STDs are more likely than female-to-male transmission?
- Since the late 1970s, the number of Americans with genital herpes infection has increased 30%?
- Genital herpes infection is five times more common in 12- to 19-year-old White adolescents?
- 45.9% of African Americans have genital herpes, but the fastest growing cases are among Caucasian teenagers?
- At least one in four Americans will contract an STD at some point in their lives?
- HPV and Chlamydia are the most common STDs in the United States?
- One in five people in the United States has an STD?
- Two-thirds of all STDs occur in people 25 years of age or younger?
- One in four new STD infections occur in teenagers?
- Cervical cancer in women is linked to HPV?
- In 2008, the rate of chlamydia among black men was 12 times higher than that in white men, and was eight times higher in black women than white women. Rates among American Indian/Alaska Natives and Hispanics were also higher than among whites.
- Syphilis is a localized infection, with 69.3% of counties reporting no cases at all in 2008.
- Although the 2008 rate of 111.6 diagnoses per 100,000 population is one of the lowest ever recorded, gonorrhea remains the second most commonly reported STD in the United States. Moreover, the rate of gonorrhea among African Americans was 20.2 times greater than among whites in 2008. American Indian/Alaska Natives and Hispanics are also disproportionately affected.
- STD infection rates among women are almost three times higher than the rate among men; this is thought to be due to the higher number of women being screened.
PLEASE BE SAFE PEOPLE!!!!! THIS IS SERIOUS!